Building your Re marketing advertising plan through Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Building your Re marketing advertising plan through Facebook, Twitter, Google+

The marketing jargon has come to include so much more, especially in the last few years, and with the rise of digital marketing that it becomes essential to define and clarify terms before discussing their potential. So, before we venture on how to build a remarketing advertising plan through the various social media channels, let us first explain what is remarketing.

Remarketing is creating advertisements which are designed to specifically remind people who have visited your website about what you sell, and it simultaneously reinforces your brand, as people browse around the web and visit websites. Remarketing is also known as retargeting and while most sites can convert only around 2 % of their visitors, with retargeting you can hold the interest of the remaining 98%. Typically, a cookie is placed on a web browser and this helps companies track their audience’s buying habits around the web and create adverts targeted according to their trends and interests.

Now the reason why remarketing works is primarily because people are already aware of your brand and therefore more likely to take an interest in your advertisement, and secondly conversions are likely to increase as customers are at the consideration or preference stage of the buying cycle. Your remarketing campaign can be structured around several options, some of these are:

Standard remarketing – This is the most general form of remarketing, where you target ads to customers who have visited your website previously as they browse sites.

Dynamic remarketing –  You remarketing campaign needs to consider the relevance of the product or service which are being remarketed. There are some adverts that are highly targeted and by remarketing those ads you are ensuring a better rate of conversion as existing or potential customers will come back to your website. The way this is done is by displaying the exact product that they have viewed earlier on your website the remarketing banner with a shop now button. This is called dynamic remarketing and has a high potential for encouraging customers to go back to what they have seen earlier.

Video remarketing – As goes the name, this way of remarketing is targeted to those people who have viewed your website videos or your YouTube channel. Here you can show them personalized videos based on their earlier activities and by reinforcing the adverts chances of a return on investment are higher.

Email list remarketing – This typically helps in situations of card abandonment, where you can have an email list of all these customers and send a reminder mail to them, stating that they have item left in their carts to check out. This kind of remarketing is also called ‘conversion marketing’ or ‘cart abandonment email marketing’.

Targeting on social media platforms

With the prevalence of social media, one of the best ways to strengthen your remarketing advertising campaign is to leverage platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn. The concept works on a similar line, except rather than displaying your advertisements across websites, they are specifically targeted to your customers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. The idea remains the same, when someone visits your site, they get tagged with a code you use to track them and as they are scrolling on the various social media platforms and feeds your ad shows across to remind them of your product.

Now as to address the question of why remarketing on Facebook and similar platforms is important, just consider these figures. Facebook has an active monthly user base of more than a billion, the stakes of gaining business through Facebook ads are immense. Today Facebook remarketing ads get thrice more engagement than regular Facebook ads. With the help of conversion trackers, ‘custom audience’ or ‘tailored audience’ lists to target these very specific customers on Facebook, Twitter or other platforms and gather information such as how much time they spend on your website and what they are looking for. This additional information can help you run a better remarketing campaign.

To conclude, remarketing is a great way to keep your brand alive in your customer’s memory. Ensure that you do set up your remarketing campaign with a limited frequency for displaying ads, custom advertising for target groups, and effective messaging among other to build your business and increase your potential customer base.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *